Monday, July 27, 2009
Obama laughed and joked, and completely dodged the question about whether or not he and his family and congress would utilize the health care plan that was being drafted for us.
The burning questions are:
1. WHO is drafting this bill?
2. WHO will oversee its implementation?
3. WHO will be in charge of national health care?
These are the people who will be making medical decisions about our health and health care! I’m not making this up! Search the people and topics yourself!
Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel-appointed health-policy adviser at the Office of Management and Budget – says:
1. Doctors take the Hippocratic Oath too seriously.
2. Doctors shouldn’t do everything for an individual patient without considering the cost or effects on others.
3. Seniors are “too enamored” with technology (angioplasty, hip/lens replacement, bypass surgery, etc) and do not need it.
4. Americans are spoiled by private hospital rooms, attractive doctor offices, and short wait times and we should do without.
He will be a major player in determining who gets what treatment from which doctor.
Dr. David Blumenthal-appointed national coordinator of health-information technology- agrees.
1. oversee the delivery of electronic instructions and guidelines about the above (and more) to doctors,
2. make sure they are obeyed, and
3. oversee the digitalization and distribution of personal, private medical records (at a $19.5 billion pricetag!).
Cass Sunstein- the new Regulatory Czar-believes that:
1. if animals can communicate, they have the right to sue humans,
2. we do not have the right to kill animals for our use or pleasure,
3. Internet communications should be monitored and removed if they oppose elected officials, and
4. Americans should be nudged towards making socialistic decisions for the common good.
The ‘nudge’ idea came from the Socialist Party during the years of FDR. The party once ran candidates against FDR until they realized that he and his desired ‘Second Bill of Rights’ were already socialistic! Norman Thomas, the socialist leader and presidential candidate said:
The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.
(It was FDR who introduced the idea that we should have a Constitutional ‘right’ to things such as good health care, a good education, a home, and a decent job. But our government simply allows us to ‘pursue’ these things through innovation, hard work, and free enterprise. We have the right to work and to decide how to spend our money. We can buy an education or a home or a gun!)
John Holdren – Science and Technology Czar- has advocated:
1. compulsory population control, including compulsory abortion and euthanasia of the elderly,
2. a ‘Planetary Regime’ that will control the development and distribution of all natural resources,
and his work focuses on:
1. causes and consequences of global environmental change,
2. analysis of energy technologies and policies,
3. ways to reduce the dangers from nuclear weapons and materials, and
4. the interaction of content and process in science and technology policy.
Still not convinced? Watch and listen to Obama for yourself!
Obama's response to Jane Strum's question.