Sunday, September 13, 2009

Project 9-12

Very, Very Clear

The 912 Project was started by Conservative icon Glenn Beck as a way to mobilize regular folks to stand up against big government and all the problems that it creates as it destroys our individual rights and liberties. He wanted America to try to renew the spirit of September 12, 2001, the day following the Islamic terrorist attacks on the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, and the thwarted attack on Washington. After these events, party affiliation, race, socio-economic standing, educational degrees and yearly income did not matter. Americans bonded as patriots to clean up, care for each other and honor those heroes who lost their lives.

Tea Parties and coalitions of all kinds have branched from that initial call for neighbor to meet with neighbor to share concerns. The August town hall meetings brought the perfect opportunity for local action on a small scale, and the Tea Party express and march on the capitol on September 12, 2009 was the beginning, not the end, of a concerted effort to take back the control of our governmental servants. Patriots of all ages have banned together in protest, but also in a show of strength (estimated to be 1 million strong) and commitment to the 9 principles and 12 values listed below. A large percentage of these people have never done a political thing in their lives! But events of the last 200 days have been such an outrage that action has been viewed as a necessary and obligatory recourse.

If the Republic is going to be "re-found," we need to remember what our founding fathers had in mind. You may want to view The American Form of Government, for an excellent civics lesson!
The 9 Principles
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.


The 12 Values
•Honesty
•Reverence
•Hope
•Thrift
•Humility
•Charity
•Sincerity
•Moderation
•Hard Work
•Courage
•Personal Responsibility
•Gratitude


Please note that there is no CHANGE in either list. Our government is perfect and does not need to be "fundamentally changed." It needs to be preserved with vigor and courage.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAH you think you can vote dems out. With waht?? Losers all!

    ReplyDelete